We all know the struggle of finding a convenient spot to charge our phones. Tangled cords, limited outlets, and misplaced chargers can be frustrating, especially since staying connected is essential in the digital age. Fortunately, a DIY phone charging station with a hidden compartment can provide the perfect solution for this problem.
Not only does it keep your phone in one place while it charges, but the hidden compartment is also an excellent feature to help keep your belongings safe.
Building a DIY phone charging station with a hidden compartment is easier than you might think. With just a few materials and a couple of hours, you can make one for yourself. Here is a step-by-step guide on building one.
- Wood (1 x 6 x 36 inches)
- Miter saw or hand saw
- Sander or sandpaper
- Wood glue
- Nailer and nails
- Drawer knob
- Charging station with USB ports
Cut the wood into pieces using a miter saw or a hand saw. You will need one piece that is 1 x 6 x 12 inches, two pieces that are 1 x 6 x 8 inches, and two pieces that are 1 x 6 x 6 inches.
Sand all of the pieces until they are smooth.
Attach one of the 1 x 6 x 8-inch pieces to the 1 x 6 x 12-inch piece using wood glue and a nailer. This will be the back of the charging station.
Attach one of the 1 x 6 x 6-inch pieces to each of the 1 x 6 x 8-inch pieces, creating two sides for the charging station.
Attach the two sides to the back using wood glue and a nailer.
Attach the last 1 x 6 x 8-inch piece to the front of the charging station using wood glue and a nailer. Be sure to leave an opening at the bottom for the hidden compartment.
Drill a hole in the back of the charging station for the charging cord to pass through.
Attach the charging station to the inside of the charging station with screws.
Attach the drawer knob to the front of the charging station.
Mount the charging station to a wall using screws or picture hangers.
- The charging station keeps your phone in one place while it charges, reducing the risk of forgotten or misplaced chargers and cords.
- The hidden compartment is perfect for keeping small belongings safe, such as keys, wallets or jewelry.
- The charging station can be customized to fit your decor style.
- The charging station can hold multiple devices at once, making it convenient for families or roommates.
- A DIY phone charging station with a hidden compartment is an easy project to build at home.
- The materials required for the project are readily available at a hardware store or online.
- The charging station can be used to charge multiple devices at once, making it ideal for families or roommates.
- The hidden compartment is a great feature to keep small belongings safe while charging your device.
- The charging station can be customized to match your home decor style.
In conclusion, creating a DIY phone charging station with a hidden compartment is a simple and rewarding project that can make a big difference in your daily life, whether you use it at home or in the office. With only a few materials and a bit of time, you can easily construct your own charging station that fits your unique needs and style."