If you're using an Arlo security camera, you know the importance of keeping it charged. Arlo understands this too and has come up with a revolutionary solution which guarantees your cameras stay powered all year-round - The Arlo Solar Charging Station.
Solar panels are embedded onto the station which then charges rechargeable Arlo Pro or Arlo Go batteries.
The best part? You don't have to be a tech-savvy individual to set up these stations. With just a few easy tips and tricks, you can have your solar charging station up and running in no time, ready to power your Arlo Cameras for the long haul.
What are the best places to mount your Arlo Solar Charging Station?
Location is key when it comes to the Arlo Solar Charging Station. Here are some of the best locations to mount your station for optimal power.
1. Southern exposure
- Make sure you face the solar panels towards the south for maximum sun exposure.
- The panels should be placed where it can receive four hours of direct sunlight per day.
2. Elevated area
- The solar panels should be set up in a high space (at least four feet off the ground) so you can avoid any obstructions and ensure adequate sunlight exposure.
3. Shadow-free zones
- The solar panels should be placed in a spot where sunlight can reach it without any obstructions such as buildings or trees.
- Make sure you don't place it under a shade or roof. The charging station should be placed where it can get ample sunlight coverage.
Where should you NOT place the Arlo Solar Charging Station?
Just like there are perfect spots to mount the Arlo Solar Charging Station, there are also spots you should avoid so that the station doesn't get damaged over time.
1. Wet/damp areas
- Avoid mounting your charging station in areas prone to water exposure such as near a swimming pool, in the rain or in areas that flood during rainy seasons.
2. North-facing areas
- Since the Arlo Solar Charging Station needs direct sunlight, avoid facing the charging station towards the north where sunlight is less plentiful.
3. Obstructed areas
- Avoid mounting your charging station in areas where trees, buildings or any other objects may obstruct sunlight
The benefits of having an Arlo Solar Charging Station
Purchasing an Arlo Solar Charging Station for your Arlo camera has several advantages you need to know.
1. Saves money
- With the Arlo Solar Charging Station, you don’t need to buy and replace the battery every 4-6 months, saving you time and money.
2. Environmentally friendly
- With the Arlo Solar Charging Station, you can help reduce your carbon footprint by using solar energy to recharge your battery.
3. Increased battery life
- The Arlo Solar Charging Station is the best way to extend the battery life of your Arlo camera, so you don't have to worry about it running out of charge in the middle of a surveillance session.
The Arlo Solar Charging Station is an essential accessory if you want to get the most out of your Arlo camera. It provides your camera with uninterrupted power, saves you money and helps reduce your carbon footprint. By following these tips, you will know how to mount and enjoy the benefits of this accessory at its best.