If you’re an avid follower of the stock market, you may have noticed a surge in the value of electric vehicle (EV) stocks recently. The reason behind this surge lies in President Joe Biden’s $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan that includes a focus on EV infrastructure, among other things.
This plan comes as no surprise as Biden has made climate change and green energy investment a top priority. The infrastructure plan allocates $174 billion for the EV market, including a $15 billion investment in charging stations, which could potentially bring monumental changes for the EV industry.
The Potential Impact on EV Charging Station Stocks
As we move towards a greener future, EV charging station stocks are likely to become the new hot commodity in the stock market. The increased government spending in EV charging infrastructure will benefit companies that manufacture and install charging stations across the country.
Let’s take a look at some of the companies that could be the biggest winners in this new landscape;
- Tesla: It’s no secret that Tesla is one of the leading brands in the EV market. With the increased demand for EVs, Tesla is looking to expand its charging network, which will push up the value of its stocks even further.
- ChargePoint: With over 100,000 charging ports, ChargePoint is the industry leader in electric vehicle charging infrastructure. With an infusion of cash from Biden’s infrastructure plan, ChargePoint is likely to set up more charging stations, leading to a surge in the company’s stock value.
- Envision Solar: This is a company that is small, but with big ambitions. Envision Solar’s innovative design of solar-powered EV charging stations fits well with Biden’s intention to push for clean energy. The company could benefit from the new infrastructure plan, and investment in it may be worth considering.
The Key Takeaway
With the current surge in EV charging station stocks, investing in this market could open up a plethora of opportunities for the savvy investor. The EV industry is expected to grow by leaps and bounds in the coming years, and with government investment in charging stations, these stocks are likely to heat up even more.
The Advantages of Investing in EV Charging Station Stocks
Here are some of the advantages of investing in EV charging station stocks;
- Increased Demand: With the rise in demand for electric vehicles, the need for charging infrastructure will only increase. This means that companies that manufacture and install charging stations are likely to see a significant increase in demand for their services.
- Government Support: As seen with Biden’s infrastructure plan, the government is backing the EV industry in a big way. This means that companies involved in EV charging infrastructure are likely to benefit from increased investment and support from government agencies.
- Low Competition: Currently, there are only a handful of companies that manufacture and install EV charging stations. This means that there is room for new players in the market, which could potentially drive up the stock value of companies involved in the EV charging industry.
The Bottom Line
The future of EV charging station stocks has never looked brighter. With Biden’s infrastructure plan surpassing Congress, the need for charging infrastructure will only increase in the coming years. Investing in EV charging station stocks could be a smart move for the investor looking for an attractive alternative to conventional stocks.
As with all investments, it’s important to do your due diligence and conduct thorough research before investing in any stock. However, with the expected growth of the EV industry and the push for green energy, the potential rewards for investing in EV charging station stocks could be substantial."